Windshield Repair: Does the type of Car Insurance you have matter?
Have you ever been in a really minor car accident? Like the kind that barely scratches either car. And when both drivers step out to assess the damage and exchange car insurance info, you both realize it’ll probably cheaper and less of a hassle to just pay out-of-pocket and completely bypass car insurance involvement all together. No one wants their insurance rates to go up for something so minor. Does this mindset and strategy work for windshield repair and windshield replacement as well? Well, that all depends on the type of car insurance coverage you have and how the windshield damage occurred.
Types of Car Insurance Coverage.
As with all types of insurance, reading the fine print to understand what is actually covered is really important. Let’s take a look at three different types of car insurance and how it affects windshield damage coverage.
- Comprehensive Insurance – this type of car insurance usually covers most windshield damage claims, but often depends on how the damage occurred. For example, if you need windshield repair or windshield replacement due to circumstances out of your control, like theft, hail/extreme weather, fallen tree branches, flooding, and collisions with animals, then this type of insurance coverage has you covered ☺
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners estimates Comprehensive Auto Insurance to cost approximately $168/yr.
- Collision Insurance – this type of car insurance is often considered an optional add-on that covers a chipped or cracked windshield damaged in a motor vehicle accident.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners estimates Comprehensive Auto Insurance to cost approximately $378/yr.
- Full Glass Coverage – this type of car insurance is usually the best option when it comes to windshield damage. It typically covers ALL chipped and cracked windshields, no matter the circumstances surrounding the windshield damage. In addition, this coverage usually comes with a “zero deductible” option that can save you money, especially if you have a high deductible.
Still confused? Auto Glass 2020 can help!
Call Auto Glass 2020 today at (480) 283-7751 or get a quote here! We have an amazing staff that can help walk you through the insurance claim process and figure out what is the best option for your specific needs! We will make your windshield repair or windshield replacement as easy and smooth as possible! Guaranteed!!